From the second half of 2008, my working and living abroad has shifted from a large island in Europe (Scandanavia, Northern Europe) to another large island in the west Europe - United Kingdom. Currently, I am still working and living in the UK.
(从2008下半年开始,我在国外的工作生活已开始从欧洲北部的一个大岛(北欧)往西移到另一个大岛“大英帝国--英国”。到目前为止,我还是在英国工作与生活)

In fact, in the early 2008, I had my experience in the UK. Due to the contingency situation, I have been assigned to help British colleagues to solve some critical issues in two weeks "rush hour" period.
(其实,在2008年的春季,我有了第一次到英国的体验。这个行程原本不是在公司安排的计划中(我是以“救火员身份”去英国帮公司同事们灭火,哈哈),所以那两个星期的行程过得非常匆忙)


Due to this was a last minute arrangement, there was no seats available from Malaysia to the Birmingham (United Kingdom's second largest city) airport. Company had arranged me the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines flight (transited in Amsterdam) to London, and then went to Birmingham via a three hours cross-country train.
(由于这个行程是最后三天才安排的,从大马到伯明翰(英国第二大城市)的飞机座位已满,所以公司只好安排我乘搭荷兰皇家航空公司航机(在阿姆斯特丹过境)到伦敦,然后乘搭约三小时火车到伯明翰)


You may view the full album@http://cvlai.shutterfly.com/
My First Business Class Trip(商务舱第一之旅),
My First Impressions of UK(英国的第一印象)


Spot#1(焦点一):Business Class, What a Big Surprise!(马航商务舱的体验!)

Yeah! I was lucky enough to be given a chance to enjoy the long haul (11hrs) trip to UK in the "business class" via Five stars Malaysian Airlines. This is the first time I took Malaysian Airlines to europe
(我很幸运的拥有机会享受马来西亚航空五星级商务舱长途之旅。这也是我第一次乘搭马来西亚航空公司客机到欧洲)


How could this happened??(这到底发生了什么事??)
It was started when 5 economy seats were taken away by a group of pessengers who were checked in 4 hrs earlier before the departure. My seat was one of them. When I came to checkin, I was offered to take the Malaysian Airlines flight which took off 15 minutes later than the planned schedule, and it was a business class as the compensation.
(约登机4小时前发生了系统失误,有一群乘客竟然额外的登记了五个机位,而我的座位正是其中之一。所以机场提供马来西亚航空五星级商务舱长途座位作为补偿
,这比原定的航程迟了约15分钟)

So, I took the oppurtunity to test/taste the foods, drinks, entertainment, and able to "sleep" on the chair which is able to convert into bed.
(因此,我借此机会尝试各种食品,饮料,娱乐,而且还在“床椅”睡了个好觉!)







Note: the Souvenir(纪念品)


Spot#2(焦点二):London Heathrow Airport(伦敦希思罗机场)
It is the largest and busiest airport in the United Kingdom. It is the second busiest airport in the world in terms of total passenger traffic.
(它是最大的和最繁忙的英国机场。它也是全球第二最繁忙的机场(以总客运量来计算))






Note: Heathrow Connect: a service to Paddington calling at up to five National Rail stations en route(这个机场列车可以连接处在机场附近的英国铁路火车站)



Spot#3(焦点三):Journey to the West Midlands(伦敦西游记)
Birmingham city is located in the centre of the West Midlands region.
After I arrived at the airport, I had to take some trains (transitted at Reading and Birmingham central train stations) before I reached the office at Redditch, Birmingham.
It was a 6 hrs "cross country" journey from London to the office!
(伯明翰市是位于英国西中部地区。当我抵达机场后,我就马不停蹄的乘搭一些列车(过境瑞汀和伯明翰火车总站)才低达位于伯明翰的办公室。这是一个长达六小时的车程!)


Nevertheless, I had chances to sigh seeing some towns/cities (Reading, Oxford, Coventry, Birmingham, etc) along the journey.
(不过,在车程当中,我是有机会看到一些城镇/城市(瑞汀,牛津,考文垂,伯明翰等))






Note: The economic passenger seats are allocated on a first come first served basis, you can't expect the seats are available during the peak period.(经济乘客座位是先到先得,所以你不能指望可在高峰期间找到座位)

Note: When I returned back to London Heathrow Airport, I took the airport bus from Reading Central Station.(当我返回伦敦希思罗机场途中,我就从瑞汀总站改搭机场巴士了)



Spot#4(焦点四):A Short stay at West Midlands(西游短期逗留记)
It was a two weeks stay at West Midlands. However, it has left wonderful memories for me.
(虽然只是短短两星期,但这也让我留下了美好回忆)

Note: Swisslog Office@Redditch, Birmingham(瑞仕格英国分公司)

Note: From the left, Mr.Steven Parker (UK Software Project Manager) and Mr.Nigel Peters(UK Software & Control Systems Manager, my current manager in the UK)(英国软件项目经理与软件和控制系统部经理--也是我现任的上司)

Note: Mr.James Pickerill, UK Technical Leader(英国技术组长)

Note: Whenever a colleague is celebrating his/her birthday, he/she will bring some cakes and share it in the office(每当有同事庆祝生日,那位同事将带来一些糕点在办公室里和大家分享)


Note: Mr.Steve Smith, UK Software Engineer(英国软件工程师)

Note: UK Customer Support department(英国的客户支援部门)

Note: Usually, UK colleagues will buy sandwiches for lunch at nearby supermarket(通常,英国同事会去附近的超市购买三明治作为午餐)

Note: A night stay in Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 Jct7(曾经在那里住了一晚)
CHAPEL LANE
GREAT BARR
BIRMINGHAM, B43 7BG
ENGLAND
Holiday Inn BIRMINGHAM M6, JCT.7




Note: Campanile Hotel, just located roughly a mile from the office. The room looks simple, but foods are delicious!
(这家旅馆只距离办公室大约一英里左右。虽然房间设施简单,但是食物超好吃的。)


www.campanile.com
Far Moor Lane
Redditch, Worcestershire B98 0SD
01527 510 710








Note: The UK's Full English Breakfast(这是英式早餐)

Note: After I completed the tasks ahead of schedule, I have been treated a nice pub meal in a English pub.(当我提前完成了任务后,我在英式酒吧里享用了免费道地午餐)
THE BOOT INN

A Traditional Village Pub With Great Food, Real Ale and a Warm Atmosphere
Birmingham Road, Mappleborough Green, Studley, B80 7BJ
Tel: 01527 852192




You may view the full album@http://cvlai.shutterfly.com/
My First Business Class Trip(商务舱第一之旅),
My First Impressions of UK(英国的第一印象)